Ben & Jerry’s Boycott
- Israeli manufacturer and distributor for Ben & Jerry’s has sued the ice cream maker and its parent company, Unilever, in New Jersey Federal District Court. The complaint alleges that defendants unlawfully terminated their business relationship, based solely on plaintiffs’ refusal to comply with an unlawful demand that they violate Israeli law by boycotting parts of Israel. Further information on the case is on the BDS Litigation page.
- Israel’s Justice Minister approved the sanctioning of Ben & Jerry’s and Unilever for the decision to sever its licensing agreement with Ben & Jerry’s Israel.
- State pension funds in New York, New Jersey, Florida, Texas, Illinois, and Arizona are divesting from Unilever, Ben and Jerry’s parent company, because it was found to be in violation of those states’ anti-BDS laws.
- Palestinian files discrimination complaint in New York
- Legal Analysis by the ILF
- Shurat HaDin Moves to Seize Trademark