The primary purpose of this website of the Israel Legal Advocacy Project is to provide a comprehensive documentary database of legal and related materials, both contemporary and historical, concerning Israel. We endeavor to provide accurate and comprehensive information on law and legal issues concerning the State of Israel and, where relevant, as they impact the Jewish people as a whole. Considerable material is currently accessible for viewing and downloading on the website, but much remains under construction. Sign up to be notified when new pages go live.
- Creation of a comprehensive and unified internet law library, current and historical, for lawyers, governmental officials, journalists, researchers, and the general public.
- Compilation of primary documents, historical and current, using digital facsimiles of originals, when available.
- Compilation of and/or references to important secondary sources.
- Sufficient explanation and analysis to provide context.
- Timely information and documentation on current legal issues affecting Israel and the Jewish people.
Development Plan for the Library
What follows is the working outline (with links to live pages) of those sections which the Project intends to include in the database. They are mirrored in the Library menus at the top and in the sidebar.
There are and will be, in addition, certain pages not in the menu structure, which flow from subjects on pages which are in the menu. An example is a page under “International Criminal Court” which has the amicus submissions filed on the “Palestine” question.
- Golan Heights
- Hamas and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad
- Israel’s Basic Laws
- Judea and Samaria
- Law and War
- Peace Proposals
- Social Media and Internet
- Terror Designations
- Anti-Terror Legislation
- Anti-Terror Litigation
- United States
- United Nations
- International Court of Justice
- International Criminal Court
- Israel Supreme Court
- Pre-Mandate Era
- League of Nations Mandate
- Founding of the League
- The Mandate System
- The Palestine Mandate
- British Reports on Palestine Mandate
- British Commissions of Inquiry
- Eastern Palestine
- Land Regulation
- Arab Economic Boycotts
- Termination of the Mandate
- Establishment of the State of Israel
- Israel’s Wars
- Oslo Accords – 1993 to 2003
- Peace Agreements
Fair Use Notice: This website contains some copyrighted material whose use has not been authorized by the copyright owners. We believe that this not-for-profit, educational, and/or criticism or commentary use on the Web constitutes a fair use of the copyrighted material, as provided for in section 107 of the United States Copyright Law. If you wish to use this copyrighted material for purposes that go beyond fair use, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. Fair use notwithstanding, we will respond to any copyright owner who wants their material removed or modified, or wants us to link to their website.